Thursday, September 20, 2012

Just Another Wednesday...

"This is the Lord's doing;
it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:23

God had this little nugget waiting for me yesterday after a difficult shift, and I was so comforted by it. There is one little girl in particular who REALLY stretches me. She came from a smaller state run home that was shut down because a one year-old died there. The crazy thing is, she was killed by the little girl at our refuge. Pam found out about this after taking her in, and ever since her arrival she has been nothing but trouble. She is constantly causing strife with the kids and she doesn't speak a lick of English so I end up being called over to deal with her since most of the other volunteers don't speak Spanish. She was taken away yesterday finally to undergo psychological examination and hopefully treatment, but her antics yesterday seemed to have reached an all time high as she was hitting kids, breaking rules, and even trying to feed deflated balloons to Marleny, the sweetest and youngest little girl there. The picture attached shows them both, and you'd never know from looking what the older one is capable of. Keep her in your prayers while she is being treated.
Needless to say, I was exhausted and tthe verse above was exactly the reassurance I needed to remember that I am in this place for a reason. This is all God's doing, so I'm just going to rejoice in it and thank him for it.
Hasta luego,
Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment